While the construction industry has seen its share of ups and downs both here in Massachusetts and across much of the US in the last few years, development projects face increasing challenges in areas from obtaining financing to dealing with local planning boards. Working with a real estate lawyer for any development project is a must. Working with a real estate development attorney who also has a background in overseeing design, construction, and renovation projects; who has experience in project management, permitting and planning; and who has negotiated contracts with labor union representatives as well as developing and managing budgets on development projects offers you peace-of-mind that your attorney has the knowledge to get the results you are looking for and the understanding of the entire process to help you meet your timelines, budgets and design standards. With Richard Kelley, all aspects of your venture will be in good hands.
Real estate development clients in North Andover and surrounding communities put their trust in us because they know they can feel confident that our practical and legal experience in construction projects will help their projects move forward successfully.
Who needs a real estate development lawyer?
Anybody who wants to streamline their project, who needs clarification regarding the ever-changing environmental and land-use laws, who would benefit from the skills of an experienced negotiator, and who needs a professional to draft documents that ensure statutory compliance and favorable terms: that’s who needs a real estate development lawyer. No matter where you are in the development lifecycle stage, the attorney and staff at the Law Offices of Richard A. Kelley are here to help you navigate all facets of your project by developing creative solutions to even the most complex issues.
Getting you from “dirt to done” efficiently and cost-effectively
From planning and pre-construction to close-out phase—and every step in between—we are your partners in getting your project off the ground and operating. Count on us for knowledgeable legal guidance and advice in matters regarding:
- Acquisitions and sales: We aid in smooth transactions through thorough due diligence, identifying critical business and legal issues, developing and analyzing ownership structures, and representing your best interests throughout the process.
- Construction and financing: Contracts and agreements are the backbone of real estate development projects. We apply our legal skills and construction business know-how to negotiating favorable contracts and financing terms.
- Leasing: We assist you with all phases of leasing; from drafting an initial agreement to reviewing renewals.
- Urban development: Whether a mixed-use project, commercial construction, public works, or any other project in an urban environment, developers face a number of hurdles including local politics and community concerns, infrastructure issues, tax matters, and more. We approach your legal needs with strong negotiation skills to get your project on track in a timely, cost-effective manner, including 121A projects.
- Title examination: Massachusetts law requires title abstract review by an attorney to ensure it is clear of liens, encumbrances, litigation risks, and other potential problems. We help ensure that your interests are protected.
- Joint ventures and organizations: We know how to bring together parties with common goals to help ensure success through planning, negotiating, documenting, forming, and implementing all types of joint ventures.
- Land use and permitting: Our experience in guiding clients through federal, state, local, and municipal land-use ordinances and regulatory issues helps ensure that you get through the permitting gauntlet and obtain the necessary approvals.
- Construction Contracts
- Lien Process and Protection
Learn more about how our North Andover real estate attorney can help you
From preplanning through stabilization, we bring our knowledge and skills to bear to help make your development venture as profitable and successful as possible. No matter where you are in the lifecycle of your real estate project, we are here to offer solid legal guidance. To discuss your needs, please call us at 781-460-9651 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.